Friday, September 28, 2012

Radium Girls Graphic Novella

As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm working on a graphic novel(la) of "The Color of Silence is Radium Green". Of course, finding the right amount of motivation is not so hard, but the right about of confidence? Let's say it's an uphill battle. Over the last two days, working intermittently, I've inked half a page and almost finished two larger image cells. (You'll see that one is not entirely shaded in.)  Here's a glimpse of the progress so far....
Half an inked page from The Color of Silence is Radium Green

Two larger cells from The Color of Silence is Radium Green

3 comments:

  1. Interesting stuff. I look forward to seeing the final.

    What made you choose this particular story, out of curiosity?

    (I've never heard of the title until now, and I like the sound of it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Bryan!
    Thank you so much. I wrote the story back in 2010 and thought it would make for some interesting images. As it takes shape, I've started posting some of the inked pages here: http://savannahschrollguz.com/radiumgirlsgraphicnovel.html
    Right now, I'm working on a graphic story about the Battle of Blair Mountain for Cartoon Picayune, but I'll be back to the Radium Girls very soon.
    Your work is beautiful! I just got a chance to explore your site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool stuff! I'm going to check out the Battle of Blair.

    And thanks! You're great yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete