Thursday, April 17, 2014

Vacancy at Future Tenant and glimpses of zine pages for Stacks!

Future Tenant Gallery had a fantastic fundraiser a few weeks ago at a vacant building (soon to be a Thai restaurant) in Pittsburgh's East Liberty. Michael and I had a fabulous time, and I included two pictures below from Future Tenant's wall of photos from the event. I had two pieces of art in the raffle, and I'm overjoyed that "Sister Moon" went to the really nice young woman who was manning the virtual graffiti wall. I'm still not sure who took "Oracle" home, but I was so grateful to be part of the raffle and see my works next to so many beautiful pieces. Michael and I were really fortunate to have won a gorgeous, ceramic bas relief by artist Thomas Rehm. 
Me at the virtual graffiti wall at Future Tenant Gallery's
awesome Vacancy Fundraiser!



A view of some of the art at Vacancy!


"Oracle" and "Sister Moon" between two Vacancy attendees!

A page (in progress) for my 'zine for Light Grey Art Lab's Stacks exhibition, which will open
August 1st!


Another double-spread, in-progress glimpse of pages from the 'zine that is destined
for Minneapolis in July for the August exhibition!
The Blair Mountain Comic is still underway, and more glimpses of that will appear here shortly. Stay tuned!

2 comments: