Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sekhmet....she who is powerful

So, while the graphic novel continues (an update on that will come very soon), I'm also working on some additional studio pieces. Back in November, I sold the Geisha Girl necklace I created in late July/early August. And now that I have a little bit of time between wrapping gifts, I've started working on a new series of art necklaces. I realized again, as I was painting "Sekhmet" (below), how much I still look to Trina Schart Hyman's work. The lips and the nose remind me of some of Hyman's heroines. I thank my Mum for this influence, since I grew up reading Cricket Magazine in the early to mid 1980s, when Hyman was their art director and filled their pages (and sometimes their covers) with beautiful work.

"Sekhmet, she who is powerful", now available in my art
store. You can see the listing by clicking here.

Savannah Schroll Guz, "Sekhmet" art necklace
 
Trina Schart Hyman's illustration for Snow White

My "Geisha Girl" art necklace, made in late July and sold to a lovely lady
in Canada this past November.

No comments:

Post a Comment