Monday, April 22, 2013

Nucleus Gallery in CA and the genesis of a work...

Today, I've been working on some pieces for Nucleus Gallery's "Power in Numbers" benefit exhibition and sale....I finished one, and then decided to photograph the progress of the other. Here they are:
My messy studio drafting table. "Gillian" is close to complete; "Maeve" has
not yet been started. My awesome vintage Binney & Smith watercolor set that
I got from the fantastic store, Becaruns.etsy.com a year or so ago.

A close up of "Gillian" (almost complete) and the underdrawing for "Maeve"

Progress...adding watercolor...can you tell I like green?

Maeve is a red head.

And now, the sky...

Adding blue shadows...

The addition of stars in white acrylic begins....

Savannah Schroll Guz, "Maeve" (2013) pencil, watercolor, white acrylic on paper

"Gillian" (2013) pencil, watercolor, white acrylic on paper

No comments:

Post a Comment