Monday, January 24, 2011

Review of DIY: A Revolution in Handicrafts at American Craft Magazine

Exciting news! My review of DIY: A Revolution in Handicrafts, an exhibition that appears at Pittsburgh's Society for Contemporary Craft (SCC) is now in the Feb/March issue of the gorgeous American Craft Magazine.

<-- (pictured: "Migrant", 2009 by Kate MacDowell)

Happily, the excellent Society for Contemporary Craft (SCC) has a pdf-accessible version of the article on their website. Check out the whole review, with images, by clicking here. I'm excited to be part of this magazine, especially since I remember sitting in my college library, back in the mid-1990s, reading it with awe. This was one magazine I aspired to be in, and I'm grateful to be there this month.

In the meantime, check out the DIY for yourself, via the virtual tour on the SCC site. (Scroll past the description to see the lovely pictures!) Or better yet, get down there and check it out for yourself. It's up until March 26, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment