Wednesday, March 2, 2011

From Flannery's Flock...more progress


Savannah Schroll Guz, "From Flannery's Flock"
(still under production)
 After some distractions (mostly work, which I suppose doesn't truly qualify as a distraction), I've gotten back to working on the peacock painting. Remember when it was just two long-necked golden blobs and sky? And then later, when I was "Building Up Color"? Tonight, after my 5:30- 6:45 class, I came home and finished the poppies. Tomorrow, I'll move onto the tail feathers, which will take some significant concentration and patience.

Funny is that I'm using the same colors that have been hiding in a plastic milk crate since I lived in D.C. ten years ago. Apart from a staple gun, I haven't had to really buy anything extra, and I'm glad for that. I even have a giant roll of canvas and stretcher pieces I dug out of the basement at the Pittsburgh duplex (buried since approximately 1999). I'll be making new canvases shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment