Thursday, March 24, 2011

Late Coming to the Party....

So, I don't know why it's taken me so long to find them (since I realize now they've been everywhere--even scoring the movie Tron), but, by chance, while listening to Royksopp--as I always do when I'm working--I  clicked on this video by Daft Punk, on a whim. Wow...what beautiful weirdness, and a gorgeous repetitive tune. The song elicits in me this strange ache for all the personal European history I have stashed away  in my memory banks.



And then there's the following...do I see elements of Poltergeist and the horror doll Chuckie in this? Certainly, these boys are my age, according to the Wikipedia article. These influences wouldn't be out of their culture reservoir, although they are French rather than American.

No comments:

Post a Comment